Volunteers are the engine that drives the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon, OhioHealth Quarter Marathon and Commit To Be Fit 5K. Cap City will celebrate its 16th Anniversary in 2019! We would like to send out a big THANK YOU to all who have helped over the past 14 years and look forward to seeing old and new faces for 2019!
NOTE: Each volunteer will receive a FREE entry into a future M3S Sports race. Volunteer codes for the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon will be issued one week after the event. Codes for expo volunteer shifts will no longer be eligible to be used for participating in the 2018 Capital City Half Marathon.
An event as HUGE and SUCCESSFUL as ours cannot be complete without one essential ingredient — YOU! Volunteers are a vital part of creating this spectacular event. Volunteers provide safety and organization, while creating a fun and exciting atmosphere. It takes more than 2,000 volunteers over the course of the event weekend to provide what has become known as the biggest spring block party in central Ohio.
Along with our heart-felt THANK YOU, as an individual volunteer for Cap City, you will receive:
- Official Cap City Volunteer Apparel
- Free entry into any M3S Sports event (*some restrictions apply)
- Credit toward volunteer/service hours for those needing this benefit
Sign up to volunteer at the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon HERE
Not only do we love our volunteers, but we LOVE when groups come out! Show your group/organization/company spirit by coming out together. In addition, we'll provide donations for qualifying groups (*some restrictions apply). Some of our popular group areas include but are not limited to:
- Aid Stations: Deck out your aid station by bringing balloons, company branded vehicle, table covers — you name it, you brand it!
- Cheer Station: hold up your organization's signs to say — We love you runners!
- Medals: you want to own it? Be our guest!
- Gear check: let this become the Gear check area brought to our runners by YOU!
For more information about volunteering or to sign up as a volunteer group at the 2019 OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon, please email .