OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon Training
Presented by OhioHealth
Are you running the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon for the first time? Are you a veteran runner looking to set a new PR? Moving up from a 5K to the Quarter Marathon? Or are you making the Commit To Be Fit 5K your first race?
No matter your goal or experience level, the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon has a team of coaches — including running coach Aimee Price and lifestyle coach Julie Wilkes — who will get you to the starting line and the Byers Xtra Mile Finish Line Party!
OhioHealth Capital City Training Schedules
Coach Aimee provides advice on running and answers questions from participants leading into the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon. Check out her training page, e-mail her at or post a question on the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon Facebook page.
- Capital City Half Marathon Beginner Training Schedule
- Capital City Half Marathon Intermediate Training Schedule
- Capital City Quarter Marathon Beginner Training Schedule
- Capital City Quarter Marathon Intermediate Training Schedule
- Commit To Be Fit 5k Beginner Run/Walk Training Schedule
- Commit To Be Fit 5k Intermediate Training Schedule
OhioHealth Runner's Clinic
The OhioHealth Runner’s Clinic is a comprehensive performance center created for runners by runners. The clinic’s goal is provide you a personalized assessment to maximize your running performance.
Whether you want to improve your personal record or need to treat a recurring injury, the Runner’s Clinic has the experts and technology to help you hit the pavement as a faster, stronger runner — and keep you that way.
David Babner, Race Director of the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon, recently took part in the Runner’s Clinic.
"I'm not the fastest runner, I've have some aches and pains, and I sometimes don't even see myself as a runner,” Babner said. “Those were my feelings before taking the OhioHealth Runner's Clinic and now… those fears are gone, I have running techniques to work on, nutrition tips, and I can see myself getting better each time I hit the pavement.”
For more information, contact the Runner’s Clinic at 614-566-1RUN
OhioHealth Training Tips
OhioHealth Sports Medicine is your resource to help you get prepared for the Start Line and safely to the Finish Line. In addition to the below tips, check out the OhioHealth Runner's Clinic for more information.
- Strengthening & Stretching Techniques (250 KB)
- Foam Rolling — Self Myofascial Release Techniques (525 KB)
- Gearing Up For Winter Weather (240 KB)
- Top 5 Recovery Foods — Timing is everything (550 KB)
- Healthy Eating — What to eat for a strong foundation (330 KB)
- Race Day Tips by Dr. Darrin Bright (3 MB)