Media Room » April 2012
The Cap City / M3S Sports Mobile App
April 25/12: The Capital City Half Marathon is offering both a social media-based results sharing service that allows runners and walkers to have their results pushed to Facebook and Twitter and a mobile applications (available in both the iTunes Stores and the Android Market) that provides live tracking of participants in addition to race information and social sharing.
Social Results Sharing Service (no smartphone required)
Runners and walkers can sign up to have their results automatically posted to Facebook and Twitter. The service is web-based and does not require a smart phone.
There are separate links for the Half, Quarter and 5K:
When you find your name, simply check the box beside it and then the Facebook or Twitter icon at the bottom of the page to sign up to have your results automatically posted to either of the social networks. Repeat the process to send results to both Facebook and Twitter.
The Cap City timing system will push one half marathon split and finish time for the half marathon and finish times only for the quarter marathon and 5K to the selected social networks.
Mobile App (smartphone required)
The Cap City / M3S Sports mobile application for iPhones and Android phones is available free for download from the iTunes and the Android Market. Search for “M3S Sports”.
The application feature information about the Capital City Half Marathon, Patron Quarter Marathon, Capital Kids Mascot Chase, the OhioHealth Health & Fitness Expo Party, Byers Xtra Mile Finish Line Party and all other race elements.
The app also includes course maps, live tracking of runners and walkers, results and the ability to have your results posted to your Facebook page.
There are nine icons on the M3S Sports app.
- Events — search for the Capital City Half Marathon. (The M3S Sports app is also available for other M3S Sports events.)
- Places — Information, directions and maps for the Health & Fitness Expo, Packet Pick Up, Start Line, Finish Line, Parking Locations and all other key race locations.
- News — Press releases and other race news.
- Course Maps — Maps of the Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon and 5K.
- Runner Info — Look up and track your favorite runners and walkers. The App will send a push notification when Half Marathon participants crossa half-way split and a notification when Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon and 5K participants finish the race.
- Results — Check results for all participants.
- Social — Check the M3S Sports Facebook page.
- Sponsors — Links to Capital City Half Marathon sponsors.
- Contact Us — Contact the Capital City Half Marathon team and read race FAQs.